Thursday 30 October 2008

Challenge three: get ye to the sofa!





The weather took a turn for the worse today as we traded radiant blue skies for high winds and black clouds; a good day for being a bit more inside I think. Chris and Charlie provided me with a reason to shelter like a wary muntjac with this challenge - get onto Autumnwatch dressed as a big red squirrel. Or failing that just be interviewed by Bill Oddie. Well guys you don't ask for much do you?! And as they claim to be the blog's biggest fans I can only wonder why they appear bent on causing me complete and total humiliation...

Ok, the squirrel costume was never going to happen, and if there's one thing I've learnt this week it's how BUSY Bill and Kate actually are. They arrive on the island between 8 and 10, head straight to the production village to talk through the day's work and then out with the wildlife cameramen to record the little packages that get slotted in to the live show. After that are more meetings, writing scripts (such as there are!) and learning them, doing radio, TV and paper interviews, arranging the following day's filming and rehearsals, not to mention a fairly constant interaction with the Brownsea public - photos with children, autograph signing for grannies and chats with local naturalists, all topped off by the live show. They, and the rest of the BBC crew leave the island on the 9.30 boat so it's a pretty full-on and relentless day.

So, I'm sorry Chris and Charlie but I think Bill and I are destined to continue to live separate lives. However, so as not to fail you and myself completely, I did manage to sneak in to the studio and on to the famous sofa for the pic below. I call it "waiting for Bill". Hope that's enough to keep you happy.
On a separate note, we're officially half way through Autumnwatch 2008! I'm not sure how that happened and frankly I don't think I'm very happy about it. Tomorrow will be my last challenge of the week, before we dive back in on monday. So don't hold back, email me your challenges now! I think...

1 comment:

  1. Not sure that you should be picking and choosing your missions - perhaps you need forfeits for ones that you don't complete?!

    ReplyDelete