Monday 27 October 2008

Introducing...Brownsea Island



After a long and tedious journey navigating Britain's finest offerings in public transport, I finally arrived on Brownsea Island at sunset last night. Met Mark, one of the BBC wildlife cameramen on the jetty at Sandbanks whilst I waited for the National Trust boat to emerge out of the darkness and carry me to my new home.


I like to think we shared a moment together, Mark and I, as we watched the sun dipping into the clouds over the chilly harbour, turning the world red for about 2 minutes before darkness fell, but in reality I was probably having this little moment alone as Mark went about his work. Never mind, it was a great start to my Brownsea adventure either way and after a very warm welcome from the Dorset Wildlife Trust, who I'm staying with, a good nights sleep and a stunning morning run with the deer (I have to admit they were doing a rather finer job of running than I) I'm ready. Bring it on!


Just off to our first production meeting with Stephen Moss and Reema Lorford to hear what's planned for filming during the day and the first broadcast tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment